How to Create New Database or Table in DB2
Learn How to Create New Database or Table in DB2 with example step by step tutorial. After installing IBM DB2 create New Database or table as shown below.
Creating New Database in DB2
1. Open DB2 Database And click All Database on left side of bar. then on bottom right side click Create New Database to create new database.
2. After clicking on Create New Database
This windows will. Here we need to give name of database & click next.
3. Click Next
4. Click Next till Summary. Then Click finish
5. Now a database of name DB1 is been created.
DB2 – Creating Tables in IBM DB2.
6. Clicking on Table shown left side of bars in side your database name.
You will get the option of creating new table on right side box.
7. Write Table Name & select Next
8. This is the Column creation/addition screen. Follow the steps as shown:-
9. When Column is added in, it will appear in table.
10. Now just keep on selecting Next
11. We will reach this final box – Summary Select Finish
12. Popup window will appear – Giving the code to create the table
13. Table has been created with the name you entered. Here a table of Contact has been created.
14. To do some Changes in table. Right click on table & select alter.
You’re on your way to Database Handling. As you are now able to Create New Database or Table in DB2. And now What kinds of queries are you looking forward to creating? Let us know in the comments!